Outputs from the Water Leaders Group meeting on the 9th July 2019.
Workshop Aim: To prioritise the development of new and better approaches that have the potential to contribute to the big step change we need to meet the aspiration of the 25 Year Environment Plan (YEP). Use this information to inform the river basin planning ‘Challenges and Choices’ consultation.
1. Gain a common understanding of the gap between the existing environmental conditions, the aspiration of the 25 YEP and the primary pressures causing the gap.
2. Understand the effectiveness of existing measures and mechanisms
3. Assess the potential of existing measures and mechanisms to do more, prioritise them and identify blockers to making this happen
4. Identify and prioritise new measures and mechanisms required to close the gap related to each pressure.
By the end of the workshop the Water Leaders produced:
• An initial assessment of the effectiveness of existing and new measures and mechanisms required to meet the aspiration of the 25 Year Environment Plan
• Prioritised measures and mechanisms for consideration within the next river basin planning cycle.
We will add further outputs from the Water Leaders Group to this feed in the future. If you have any questions please contact Suzanne Bennett on email@example.com /07802 331 537 who is our main contact with this group.
here are the outputs from the October 2019 Water Leaders Group. The key session in this meeting was: Generating Sector Perspectives. The delay in sharing this with you was due to the pre-election restrictions