CaBA Forum

CaBA Discussions area
  1. Geoff Roberts
  2. Engage and Build Partnerships
  3. Wednesday, August 09 2017, 01:46 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email

Earlier this year I was appointed to the Yorkshire RFCC and have started to realise just how big an opportunity exists for seeking multiple outcomes from flood risk management schemes. The current 6 year programme for Yorkshire alone consists of ca 450 project and this year's spend will be ca. £100 million. There are (currently) disappointingly few schemes with environmental benefits identified and so I have been pushing both the flooding and enviroment teams at the EA, a well as our catchment partners, to look at the list and see what we might be able to cook up.

The flooding teams have certain specified outcomes that count towards their funding and I have attached a recent briefing note explaining an extension of the OM4s (the Outcome Measures realting to environment) that you might find interesting/useful.

For the record I am also suggesting that they go even beyond these measures - just because they do not have to report other environmental benefits does not mean that they cannot!

I would be interested to now if other Catchment Hosts have managed to hook into the flooding programme and what success (or not) you may have had in identifying additional benefits.

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

ABOUT

The Catchment-Based Approach website is designed to showcase the work of catchment partnerships aross England and Wales and to encourage the sharing and adoption of best practice in stakeholder-led catchment managment planning, delivery and evaluation.
Email: info@catchmentbasedapproach.org

Get all the latest news from across the CaBA community